Looking for a Puppy? Here are four simple tests to determine a puppies temperament-aggressive-submissive or just the right personality?
Four Simple Tests
1. Hold the puppy a few inches off the floor.
- Normal : Struggles momentarily and settles down
- Dominent : Struggles – howls and may bite
- Submissive : Dangles without struggle – urinates – panics
2. Hold the puppy on its back on your lap and speak softly.
- Normal : Struggle and settle – this is what you want
- Dominant : Struggle – not settle down – try to get away – bite.
- Submissive : Lay on it’s back without struggle
3. Set the puppy on it’s feet on the floor and throw a ball or crumbled paper.
- Normal : Chase it – play with it – let you have it back without to much resistance
- Dominant : Chase it and take it away to a corner and growl when you try to get it
- Submissive : May be afraid of the object or ignore it
4. Crouch down a few feet from the puppy and call him / her to you.
- Normal : Will come happy – ready to play
- Dominant : Charge you and jump on you or ignore you.
- Submissive : Come slowly-roll over and give his belly-go to a corner… may urinate when being touched.